Knaresborough Town: Toby Wells; James Beaston, Cole Wildin (Brett Smith), Gregg Anderson, Harry Lee; Jack Dyche (Brad Walker), George Thewlis, Ben Parkes, Lewis Stephens (Aaron White), Jack Carr (Ewan Gregson); Danny Edwards. Subs. (not used): Eddie Cass.

Barton Town: Jordan Douglas; Clark Greaves, William Waudby, Owen Davey, Thomas Davie (Matthew Clayton), Fraser Papprill, Tom Waudby, Iwan Heeley (Henry Cook), Reece Moody, Craig King, Harrison Coley (Joel Chapman). Subs. (not used): Peter Winn, David Birch.

The run of defeats came to an end with a 4-3 success over Barton Town on Tuesday evening though the final result was made to look a lot closer with two late Barton strikes.

After four successive games without a goal, this match lasted only three minutes before Lewis Stephens headed Knaresborough ahead.

Jordan Douglas was soon in action again when he saved a long range effort from Ben Parkes and kept out a second Stephens shot.

Barton then levelled in the 15th minute when a cross from the right was allowed to pass everyone in the area and reach Harrison Coley who slotted home at the back post.

It took just two minutes for Knaresborough to regain the advantage when Douglas saved Jack Carr’s shot and the ball ran free for Stephens to tap in his second.

In the 26th minute, two became three as Stephens picked up the ball and launched a superb shot from some thirty yards out into the top corner.

Just after the break George Thewlis made it 4-1 after Danny Edwards saw his shot blocked in the area and, at the time, Knaresborough were well on top.

Harry Lee had his effort saved and the same happened to shots from both Tom Waudby for Barton and Knaresborough’s Aaron White, but clear chances were few as both sides made changes.

Lee picked up one caution and then received a second when he handled a long cross ball to concede a penalty which was converted by Waudby at the second time of asking after encroachment occurred at the first kick.

As added time ran on due to an injury, the concession of a stupid free kick allowed Waudby to fire in his second in the 97th minute to make the final score 4-3.

Full Time - Knaresborough Town 4 Barton Town 3