Knaresborough Town: Toby Wells; James Beaston, Cole Wildin (Sam Cook), Eddie Cass, Phil Milsom; Ewan Gregson (Jack Emmett), Jack Dyche (Ben Parkes), George Thewlis, Brad Walker, Jack Carr (Brett Smith); Danny Edwards (Alex Ingham).

Eccleshill United: Ed Wilzynsky; Jahro Parchment, Etienne Sumaili, Jordan Kong (Idris Atta), Alex Laird, Freddy Bernard, Talent Ndlovu, Zacchary Sangster (Jo Matthews), Adil Ayub (Shay-David Murihead), Matthias Britton, Cole Roberts. Sub. (not used): Stephen Fearnley.

Although the indifferent weather and other attractions om Tuesday evening kept the attendance to a disappointingly low level, the team focussed on the match and took three points with a 3-1 victory over Eccleshill United.

The visitors were given the best-possible start when Cole Roberts cut in from the left wing beat several men on the edge of the penalty area and slammed home a dipping shot in the second minute.

Danny Edwards had a great chance to level the score soon afterwards, but headed wide from Jack Carr’s cross from the left.

The equaliser did arrive in the 33rd minute when Jack Dyche slotted home from close range after, Ed Wilzynsky saved Carr’s shot.

The only other clear chance of the half fell to Matthias Britton, but the Eccleshill forward fired over.

Wilzynsky was in action regularly after the break, saving comfortably from Carr twice and Edwards, but was unable to stem the flow when Dyche broke through in the 55th minute and squared to set up Ewan Gregson to fire home.

Gregson then fired wide from long range again from Dyche’s pass and Carr’s next shot was saved once more.

Eccleshill continued to press and Shay-David Murihead fired over before Toby Wells saved well from another effort.

As Knaresborough countered a header from Edwards was deflected wide, before Eccleshill’s influential skipper, Talent Ndlovu, was sin-binned for ten minutes and the fight for a leveller stuttered.

The final strike was left for the home side as George Thewlis broke on to a pass on the right and crossed to allow Alex Ingham to make the final score 3-1.

Full Time - Knaresborough Town 3 Eccleshill United 1