Frickley Athletic: Callum Bradbury; Zavier Elkin, Joshua Haigh, Keanen Mannings, Lewis Binns, Keegan Townrow, Zak Kersey (Luke Walker), Richard Collier (Eliel Anku), Lloyd Smith, Morgan James, Alhassane Keita. Subs. (not used): Brandon Murillo, Rieves Boocock, Calum Proctor.

Knaresborough Town: Maison Campbell; James Beaston, Sam Cook, Eddie Cass, Harry Lee; Ewan Gregson (Dom Creamer), Jack Emmett (Brad Walker), Ben Parkes (Jake Rose), Rob Guilfoyle (Danny Edwards), Jack Carr; Lewis Stephens. Sub. (not used): Phil Milsom.

Another league match and another extra-ordinary game of football on Tuesday evening saw Knaresborough once again contrive to turn a comfortable position into a precarious one before coming out with a point which seemed very much like two dropped ones!

Beginning strongly, Knaresborough took the lead in the 3rd minute when Jack Carr ran strongly before the ball ran to Lewis Stephens who crossed for Ewan Gregson to control and fire home.

Sam Cook then headed wide from a Gregson corner before Rob Guilfoyle ran on to Jack Emmett’s pass to slot home his first goal for the club from a narrow angle in the 23rd minute.

The dominance continued as Jack Carr had two efforts saved, whilst Ben Parkes had a single shot denied by Callum Bradbury, before Zavier Elkin shot over in a rare home break.

Stephens then latched on to a loose pass and skilfully placed the third home in the 39th minute and the side were highly delighted with their first half domination.

Zak Kersey had a shot deflected wide, but the home side were frustrated with their showing and the manager was shown a yellow card as a result.

His side did grab one back in the 69th minute when Joshua Haigh hit home a left wing centre and this goal sent the jitters through the visitors who conceded a second when Keegan Townrow headed home Haigh’s cross from the left four minutes later.

Play was all from Frickley at this stage but in a brief respite Cook headed wide from a James Beaston free kick before the home side levelled in the 83rd minute when Keanen Mannings looped a header home from a right wing free kick.

Brad Walker was narrowly wide for Knaresborough and then Maison Campbell denied Eliel Anku at the other end.

Two minutes into the six designated to be added, Knaresborough went back ahead when Stephens partially blocked a clearance from Bradbury and the ball ran to Walker who was able to lob into the empty net from some thirty five metres out to the delight of his team mates.

Unfortunately, the concentration lapsed and a free kick was conceded just outside the penalty area. A low shot was directed at the defensive wall and the referee pointed to the penalty spot for a handling offence. Lloyd Smith then stepped up to bang home the award to make the final score 4-4 as the clock showed nine minutes over the ninety. Cue another frustrated bench!

Full Time - Frickley Atheltic 4 Knaresborough Town 4

Click the link for Match Highlights