Town progress in the FA Cup

Tommy Brown; Cole Wildin (Sam Kilner), James Beaston, Eddie Cass, Harry Lee; Ewan Gregson, Jack Emmett (Ben Parkes), George Thewlis, Cameron Bedford, Dom Creamer; Danny Edwards (Colin Heath). Unused subs: Gregg Anderson, Jake Rose, Joe Navier, Alex Marsh.

Frickley: Callum Bradbury, Zavier Elkin, Jake Hemmingway, Keanan Mannings, Alex Varley, Keegan Townrow, Alhassane Keita (Joshua Haigh), Michael Jones (Eliel Anku), Lloyd Smith, Morgan James (Rieves Boocock), Richard Collier. Subs not used: Lewis Binns, Nathan Fletcher, Wade Ripley, Charlie Clegg.

Knaresborough Town moved through to the next round of the Emirates FA Cup after a 3-1 victory over Frickley Athletic on Saturday.

Danny Edwards shot home a third minute penalty to settle any anxious feelings after a trip on the edge of the area.

A ball in from the right was then headed into the air by a Frickley defender and Edwards met it as it fell with a thunderous over-head kick which flew into the net just under the crossbar. That was in the eleventh minute.

Tommy Brown had to be alert as Alhassane Keita was given too much room on the right and shot towards an apparently empty net, only for Brown to gather just inside his area.

Further chances fell to Jack Emmett and Ewan Gregson, but on both occasions, goalkeeper, Callum Bradbury, was on hand to keep out the shots.

Edwards had a shot saved early in the second half before a spate of cautions settled the game down. Sam Kilner played the ball down the right and Cameron Bedford looked to have been beaten to the pass by the goalkeeper who fumbled and allowed Bedford to walk the ball into the net for the third goal in the 58th minute.

Brown kept out a Lloyd Smith free kick before Knaresborough were awarded a second penalty for handled ball although Bradbury dived to his left to keep out Edwards’ hat trick attempt.

Bedford then fired wide and Harry Lee had a distant effort saved before Brown was called upon again to deny Richard Collier after a free kick.

Frickley did grab a consolation in the 90th minute when one shot rebounded off the upright only for substitute, Rieves Boocock, to place the follow-up into the net.

Full Time - Knaresborough Town 3 Frickley Athletic 1

Click the link for Match Highlights