Garforth Town: Harry Flatters; Rinor Ejupi (Sam Denton), Jordan Emery (Alex Zachariou), Dexter Ball, Harry Viggars, Jamie Barkway, Charlie Marshall, Dan Coupland, Jason Davis, Sam Barker, Nash Connolly (Lee Turner). Sub. (not used): Joe Smith.

Knaresborough Town: Tommy Brown; Alex Marsh (Gregg Anderson), James Beaston, Sam Cook, Phil Milsom; Brad Walker, Lewis Stephens (Rob Guilfoyle), Ben Parkes, George Thewlis (Jack Carr), Jack Emmett; Danny Edwards. Sub. (not used): Colin Heath, Alex Ingham.

The early Boxing Day kick off at Garforth Town produced a competitive game and an excellent victory after going behind in the first half.

Knaresborough had much of the early play and Harry Flatters in the home goal saved low shots from both Lewis Stephens and Jack Emmett before Danny Edwards fired just wide after a Brad Walker pass.

Garforth were patient in their approach and a good move down the right side sent the ball in for Jason Davis to score with a shot across Tommy Brown in the 26th minute.

Brown then came to his side’s rescue on several occasions before the break as he saved from another Davis effort and then from Nash Connolly when the forward broke clear. The follow-up lob from Sam Barker dropped just over the bar.

In the second minute of the time added at the end of the half, Knaresborough won a free kick which Emmett sent into the danger area. Sam Cook kept the ball in along the goal line and set up Phil Milsom who slammed past Flatters.

Three minutes after the break, Knaresborough went ahead when George Thewlis sent Walker free wide on the right and his low centre was turned into his own net by defender Harry Viggars.

A weak Walker effort and a stronger shot from Jack Carr were both dealt with by Flatters before Davis equalised in the 64th minute when his shot from the edge of the area took a big deflection off the unlucky James Beaston.

Within two minutes, the visitors were back in front when a ball down the left side should have been easily dealt with by Rinor Ejupi, but his back pass fell woefully short and Carr nipped in to slide the ball past Flatters into the net.

Garforth, who had been on an excellent run of results had all the game’s remaining chances as they tried in vain to grab a point.

Davis was narrowly over the bar and then just wide of the post before, in added time, Brown saved a low shot from Charlie Marshall and then Dan Coupland shot over following a corner.

Full Time - Garforth Town 2 Knaresborough Town 3