Knaresborough Town: Toby Wells; Brett Smith, Gregg Anderson, Sam Cook (James Beaston), Harry Lee; Jack Dyche (Ewan Gregson), George Thewlis (Brad Walker), Ben Parkes (Lewis Stephens), Jack Emmett, Dom Creamer; Danny Edwards. Sub. (not used): Phil Milsom.

Rossington Main: Jim Pollard; Paul Sherburn, Cody Prior, Joe Parkin, Cameron Hough, Greg Young, Farry Shepard, Bradley Grayson (Jordan Buckham), Manasse Kianga, Liam Hardy, Jack Harrison. Subs. (not used): Mitch Langton, Dec Slater, Freddy Allen, Tyler Bell.

Ten matches unbeaten, now followed by three successive defeats with, more worryingly, zero goals scored, as February brought a chill across the Knaresborough Town club.

Saturday’s 2-0 reverse at the feet of Rossington Main, who consolidated their position in the division’s play-off places, was the third of those games as Knaresborough struggled to match their determined guests.

Jack Dyche’s early header from Dom Creamer’s centre gave the home side some optimism, but Rossington soon countered and Liam Hardy was narrowly wide.

In the 25th minute, Hardy again came close as he headed towards goal, but somehow Gregg Anderson reached the net-bound ball and was able to clear over his own bar from within inches of the goal-line.

Toby Wells then tipped a Bradley Grayson free kick around the post to preserve the status quo before Cameron Hough headed over from a corner.

Knaresborough did push forward and George Thewlis had a low shot saved by Jim Pollard.

Wells again saved, this time from Manasse Kianga, before the half petered out after Creamer headed over from a right wing cross.

Creamer was again in action soon after the break as he broke clear, but was only able to fire wide of the post.

Rossington pressed and a cross from the left was headed back across the face of goal by Kianga and Hardy scored from close range in the 63rd minute to put the visitors ahead.

Danny Edwards fired just wide as Knaresborough sought to get back on terms, but it was Rossington who tied up the points when a fortuitous bounce near half way presented Kianga with a chance to break clear and the striker kept his cool to slip the ball past Wells in the 72nd minute.

Ewan Gregson hit a free kick against the top of the crossbar soon afterwards, but that was as close as Knaresborough got all day and it was Rossington who took the spoils as Cody Prior also struck to bar and Wells saved from Joe Parkin as the heavy rain arrived to complete the dismal day for the home side.

Full Time - Knaresborough Town 0 Rossington Main 2