Knaresborough Town: Tommy Brown; Brett Smith (Jack Emmett), James Beaston, Sam Cook, Phil Milsom; Ewan Gregson (Rob Guilfoyle), Lewis Stephens, Brad Walker, George Thewlis (Ben Parkes), Jack Carr (Dom Creamer); Danny Edwards. Sub. (not used): Eddie Cass.

Silsden: Kyle Trennery; T’nique Fishley, Isaac Baldwin, Ross Daly, Spencer Harris, Arley Barnes (McCauley Smith), Reece Web Foster (Ellis Hudson), Jake Maltby (Cody Cromack), Jake Cassidy, Kayle Price (Luke Brooksbank), Casey Stewart (Luke Parkin).

After snow on Sunday and freezing temperatures over Monday and early Tuesday, it was surprising that the Manse Lane pitch was just playable for Tuesday evening’s game against Silsden, though there was a whitening of the surface come kick off time.

Knaresborough began strongly once again and when the ball fell to Brad Walker in the ninth minute, he produced a fine strike from some twenty metres out to find the top corner of the net.

Casey Stewart shot wide for Silsden in their first attack, but then Kyle Trennery was required to make a fine double save to deny Ewan Gregson and Danny Edwards.

George Thewlis shot over and was then the second of two Knaresborough players, the first Jack Carr, to break free of the defensive line but fire wide of the target with only Trennery to beat.

Tommy Brown saved from Stewart just after the break and Edwards was wide for Knaresborough as the half began evenly.

In the 65th minute, Carr beat his marker on the left wing and crossed into the danger area where the ball was knocked to Walker who fired high into the net for his second of the game.

Edwards had two shots, one wide and one saved before Brown saved a low shot from Luke Cassidy.

A further Edwards effort from Rob Guilfoyle’s pass was tipped around the post for a corner and it was left to Lewis Stephens to have a further shot denied by the busy Trennery as Knaresborough finished on top.

This was the first home League victory since the end of August and the first clean sheet in any game since the first game of the campaign back in late July.

Full Time - Knaresborough Town 2 Silsden 0