Tadcaster Albion: Joe Wilton; Charlie Owen, Dan McDaid, Dan Thirkell, Cody Collins, Fatlum Ibrahimi (Josh Hardcastle), Jordan Hines (Corey Roper), Sam Kitchen (Jaydon John), Oliver Norman, Kieran Greenway (Joe Dixon), Junayd Cassius-Gill (Miram Rimero).

Knaresborough Town: Maison Campbell; Cole Wildin (Sam Kilner), James Beaston, Eddie Cass, Harry Lee; Ewan Gregson (Colin Heath), Jack Emmett, Ben Parkes, Jack Carr, Dom Creamer (|Rob Guilfoyle); Lewis Stephens (Danny Edwards). Sub. (not used): Jake Rose. 

Saturday’s match produced an interesting question in that why do teams, having beaten Knaresborough Town celebrate as if they’ve won the league or the cup? The answer is that they must believe we are a far stronger side than we probably consider ourselves and that once that belief comes back, we shall be the ones able to celebrate.

Such was the performance at Tadcaster which gave great frustration in the first half, but which could have lead to far more after the second half showing.

An early Jack Carr effort was blocked, but it was the home side which went ahead in rather fortunate fashion as a cross from the left from Junayd Cassius-Gill struck high on the inside of the far post and entered the net in the 10th minute.

Maison Campbell then saved well from Kieran Greenway after the forward broke clear, but delayed his shot.

In the 31st minute, Taddy went two up when, having failed to clear from midfield, Knaresborough gave the dangerous Oliver Norman too much space on the right side and he shot confidently past Campbell.

Both sides had to make substitutions before the break, and in the time added, Jordan Hines made it 3-0 after Eddie Cass stubbled as he attempted to clear and the ball fell to Hines for an easy goal.

Ewan Gregson fired wide early in the second period, but it was Norman who latched on to a loose James Beaston pass before hitting towards an empty net, only to see the ball strike the far post and allow Harry Lee to clear.

Rob Guilfoyle, on at half time for his debut, had a shot saved before Jack Carr ran down the left and crossed for Gregson to reduce the arrears in the 68th minute.

The belief flooded back and Guilfoyle’s free kick was tipped over by Joe Wilton before Ben Parkes made it 3-2 in the 76th minute after Jack Emmett passed into the danger area.

Wilton was immediately sin-binned for his protestations and Albion brought on Miram Rimero in his place, Cassius-Gill being substituted.

Danny Edwards headed wide, but he was also sin-binned before Guilfoyle and Gregson had efforts blocked before Taddy broke away and Norman forced a fine save from Campbell who also gathered the follow up header from Jaydon John.

The conclusion of the match came soon after the most controversial moment as Rimero caught a high ball into the box and fell awkwardly, dropping the ball as he landed. Harry Lee knocked the ball into the empty net, but was adjudged to have fouled Rimero and the chance was chalked off – an interesting viewing on the match highlights!

Full Time - Tadcaster Albion 3 Knaresborough Town 2

Click the link for Match Highlights